When it comes to building materials, one that you've probably heard of but not know exactly what it is, is uPVC. There's no need to wonder any longer as we demystify uPVC in this article, telling you everything you need to know.
uPVC actually stands for unplasticised polyvinyl chloride. uPVC is also commonly known as rigid uPVC and it is called this because it is hard and does not flex. This material does not contain any phthalates or BPA, so it is actually quite safe. uPVC is so stable and safe that it is actually used to make dental retainers and mouthguards!
• uPVC windows reduce heat loss therefore the building requires less heating so emissions are reduced
• one of the lowest maintenance building materials that you'll ever find. It does not rot or rust, even when subjected to the harshest of weather conditions
• uPVC reduces the need to cut down trees
• uPVC is completely water resistant.
• uPVC does not need to be painted, so doesn't consume materials or generate waste
• It'll also never fade, and will stay looking good year in and year out
• uPVC windows are recycled into window profiles
• uPVC is a durable product
• All you have to do maintenance wise is to give it a clean every now and again!
Vintage, contemporary, modest, flamboyant, traditional...........however your home looks, whatever your dreams, there is an array of uPVC windows to choose from. We offer choices in style and colour; brilliant white u-PVC, Rosewood or a combination of these. u-PVC has been developed over many decades to attain new standards in appearance, longer life and resistance to attack by weather, sunlight and intruders.
• Each frame individually designed to include reinforcement where structural strength is required
• Excellent thermal, acoustic and drainage properties
• A choice of glazing units for optimum heat and sound insulation
• A choice of internal or external glazing beads
• Maintenance Free
• No more patching and re-painting rotten timber windows
• Occasional wipe over with a damp, soapy cloth to keep window frames looking like new
• A drop of grease or oil on the handles and hinges keeps your window trouble free
The style of opening is part of a windows character, as well as its functionality. Using sash or casement windows can maintain or enhance the traditional appearance of a home without sacrificing the convenience of modern opening and security mechanisms. Alternately, tilt/turn mechanism offer modern features such as the ability of the tilt mode to allow fresh air in without allowing intruder access or the facility of being able to clean the exterior glass from indoor.
Want the lustrous look of wood and modern materials...............state-of-the-art foil technology means the appearance and even the texture of beautiful natural rosewood is even more lifelike than ever, while the bonded surface complements all the well-known benefits of u-PVC. Our rosewood will not rot, warp, crack or need painting. The versatility of this product means you can choose light oak or rosewood for the outside surfaces and brilliant white for the inside.